View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. From Ignorance to Insurrection

by , 01-12-2021 at 08:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    While thinking about the insurrection invading the U.S. Capitol, I realized that the underlying reason for it was ignorance; although there may reasons for the ignorance. Most people have very limited contact with state and local government, just paying taxes, voting, building inspections, etc. And many people think that TV cop shows are good sources for legal advice and information about prosecution.

For criminal prosecution, there are many rules for the collection of evidence, ...
  2. Degenerate Generations

by , 11-18-2019 at 08:03 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In Discourses on the First Ten Books of Titus Livius, Niccolò Machiavelli went on at some length about how elders have been complaining about the younger generation and younger people have been complaining about the elders for thousands of years. His thought was that the degeneration was exaggerated, because humanity would have fallen into savagery long ago if the generations were progressively that degenerate. Or I might have made that up to try to make Machiavelli look even better. But even the ...
  3. Or What?

by , 10-06-2019 at 04:51 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I frequently wonder about those silly Earthlings. Most of them Have serious problems with science, math, mathematics, and logic. How did they manage to develop anything even vaguely like civilization? But I haven't been able to figure out why they have such problems. But I haven't been able to figure out why. Is it herd mentality (which would be an inborn tendency) that makes them believe without question anyone who is said to be an authority, or what, but most humans seem to have a need to agree ...