View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Determinism and Time Travel

by , 04-25-2020 at 08:35 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Another part of the discussion of Equal Rights and freedom is whether people are capable of making free choices. Do we have free will?

If our actions, thoughts, feelings, etc. are determined does it make any difference whether we have equal legal rights; our rights would be restricted to what had been determined.

One of the paradoxes of time travel is the possibility of reversing the sequence of cause and effect, and the cause and effect relationship is fundamental ...
  2. Implications of Quantum Mechanical Effects on the Macro Scale

by , 09-08-2014 at 08:53 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Now that it has been demonstrated that effects that were previously thought to exist on the Quantum scale also exist on the macro scale we will have to figure out how to use those effects. It is likely that the effects were first noticed in very small things, because it is easier to apply the conditions on very small things. There probably is a way to entangle the particles of a human with something else, but it will be more difficult than it was with a pair of diamonds. And how will we get one ...
  3. Luck

by , 04-19-2014 at 01:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There are people who say that people make their own luck, but I have found that to be false. People may methodically work their ways into the catbird seat, but luck is different. For some reason that was not apparent to me, this came to me as the next thing that I should blog about. Maybe because my luck is not as good as I would like.

Whether one looks at the dictionary definition or the concept of luck that people use, it is a rather amorphous concept. The Wikipedia article (link ...
  4. Many Worlds and the Assassination of JFK

by , 12-03-2013 at 09:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Now that it has been demonstrated that effects that were previously thought to exist on the Quantum scale also exist on the macro scale we will have to figure out how to use those effects. It is likely that the effects were first noticed in very small things, because it is easier to apply the conditions on very small things. There probably is a way to entangle the particles of a human with something else, but it will be more difficult than it was with a pair of diamonds. And how will we get one ...
  5. World Level

by , 08-02-2013 at 02:58 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    J. R. R. Tolkien wrote about “secondary worlds,” imaginary worlds created by writers that are internally consistent. But there are other derivative worlds: those of the Many Worlds that split off from the original “primary world”, as decision points came into existence. These are the Many Worlds referenced in the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Theory (or THE THEORY OF THE UNIVERSAL WAVEFUNCTION, as Mr Hugh Everett, III titled his paper). There may be infinity of such worlds, but Occam’s razor ...

Updated 08-03-2013 at 11:09 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast