View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Improving Government

by , 10-03-2023 at 04:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There are several types of government, and each types has its backers, but I think that only two kinds of government have been called the best, but I believe that benevolent despotism has most consistently been recognized as the best form of government. Some people suggest that it might be impossible to have the despot remain benevolent, but that is more a matter of the personality of the individual than anything else. Whether a particular individual would agree that the despot was benevolent might ...
  2. Restoring Good Government

by , 06-07-2017 at 12:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Restoring Good Government

For decades I have read dire predictions of the decline of Western Civilization, and sometimes the predictions seemed almost persuasive, but when one looks carefully one finds only opinions supported by other opinions, like the Anthropogenic Climate Change arguments, as substantial as the stuffing of a hot air balloon. Often those predictions of the fall of Western Civilization express the desires of a few people and poor analysis of what has happening and ...

Updated 06-07-2017 at 06:43 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Let's Upgrade To Monarchy

by , 08-18-2016 at 02:32 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was reminded recently that monarchy really is the best and most efficient form of government, and, if the monarch is reasonably intelligent, then it is the most humane form of government. But the best thing about monarchy is that it eliminates silly, wasteful, and unpleasant elections, and it makes it relatively unlikely that the dregs of society will end up involved in running a country.

By dregs I mean people like Donald Trump. In my brief life we have had some amazingly incompetents ...
  4. Self- Delusion and Politics in the 21st Century

by , 04-27-2016 at 07:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was innocently clicking through the garbage of Facebook when I ran into photo that included the text “This campaign is about a future I believe in, not a future I think I can get.” And the image of a woman in Arab garb, who is is identified as Linda Sarsous, Executive Director of the Arab-American Association of New York. Clicking on the photo took me to another place in Cloud Cuckoo Land, where there is an alleged quote by Bernie Sanders
    “Let me tell you something, sisters and brothers: ...
  5. The Plot Thickens

by , 10-21-2015 at 03:21 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was planning to write about the problem of police acting as if they had the high justice, but everyone knows about that already. But the matter of eliminating government by laws and establishing government by men is more important, and the 2016 presidential election may be important to that.

There was an article on yahoo.com that suggested that Trump should be regarded as a real candidate, instead of as a joke. http://finance.yahoo.com/news/donald...153453944.html. ...

Updated 10-21-2015 at 04:55 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized