View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Eliminating Drug Problems

by , 09-19-2015 at 04:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I probably should stop reading newspapers. Yesterday I saw an opinion piece about siting an addiction treatment facility. Apparently there are people who are opposed to such things. The writer of the piece didn’t even touch the real problem: certain drugs are illegal, so the use of them can become a problem. Most of the problems involving drugs are from their illegality rather than the drug itself or reactions to the drug; although there sometimes are overdoses. If the drugs were legal and the chemical ...
  2. Human Sexual Differences

by , 12-22-2014 at 04:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    An interesting question came up on another site where I am a member. It is a site for writers, and a woman member asked what it felt like for a man to fall in love or be in love. Of course, the question cannot be answered in full, but it is interesting, and it makes me wonder about the same thing. Personally, I would ask a female friend who had a fair grasp of neurotransmitters, hormones, and her own anatomy, but I wouldn’t expect a complete description, because of differences in anatomy and brain ...
  3. Running and Asperger's Syndrome

by , 09-09-2014 at 03:53 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have been acquainted with runners for several decades, and I have found that they do not have the same personality (mentality) profile as the rest of humanity. It is easy to simply pass them off as endorphin addicts, but there seems to be an underlying reason why they require an increase in the amount of endorphins. In addition, the incidence of Asperger's Syndrome among runners is greater than among the population at large. Those two characteristics may be related or they may not; I have not ...
  4. Conquest

by , 02-11-2014 at 10:47 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    After careful consideration, I have concluded that conquest of all or part of Kiribati would be best for my retirement community. More specifically, the Phoenix Islands are all but completely uninhabited, so it probably would be possible to take over without offending many people. Unfortunately, the islands have been declared a marine heritage zone, or some such thing. That’s fine with me, and with most people, because humans live on land, not in the ocean, and our food needs wouldn’t make much ...
  5. The Happiness Diet

by , 01-26-2014 at 04:58 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Not long ago I wrote in regard to artificial happiness, but there is an easier way to happiness than the ways that I mentioned. There are foods that provide the components that go into building the neurotransmitters that make humans happy. If someone had a deficiency of some neurotransmitter, then the diet might correct that, and it would make it easier for people to be happy, because there would be more than adequate raw materials for many neurotransmitters. The human body is an excellent chemical ...

Updated 02-02-2014 at 03:56 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast