View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Flat Earth and Other Silliness

by , Yesterday at 09:30 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Last week there were some stories on google news about a man who was planning to shoot himself off in a steam powered rocket to take photos that would prove that the Earth is a disc. One of those articles mentioned youtube videos and other material. I foolishly wasted more than an hour with videos and articles that demonstrated that education isn't as good as it should be. The main video told how the U.S.A. and the USSR had done many high altitude nuclear tests in attempts to smash through the firmament. ...
  2. About Holidays

by , 12-05-2017 at 08:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For many people holidays are days off with pay, but to people who donít work in a place that gives paid holidays they are a pain, and the owners and managers of the businesses that gives paid holidays is one who thinks they are a pain. They are also pains to many people who get paid holidays, but that varies with the individual and the holiday.

To start with, just look at the holidays, and to keep it simple, Iíll just consider the days that the feds give off. New Yearís Day is the ...
  3. Space and Time Travel

by , 11-27-2017 at 10:22 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has come to my attention that there are some people who do not think that time travel (that is, travel through time at a rate that is different from the ordinary velocity) is possible. It has been mathematically proven that time travel is possible (see link below), General Relativity predicts time travel, and many interpretations of Quantum Theory allow or require that time travel exist.

This started as thoughts on the Nature of Space, but time and space are part of the same thing. ...

Updated 11-27-2017 at 03:19 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Democracy, Is It Dead?

by , 11-17-2017 at 04:00 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    This is a letter that I sent to one of the local papers. I wonder if they will print it. The issue is whether the town charter will be amended to eliminate the town meeting and replace it with a thirteen member council. The vote won't come until Spring, so I am saving some of the best for later.

When the zeitgeist changes, everything can be different. I was hoping that the election of Trump was an isolated event, but in the Town of Amherst, Massachusetts a Charter Commission ...

Updated 11-17-2017 at 05:26 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Who Are the Guilty?

by , 11-06-2017 at 04:34 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    why faked data

I noticed an article today that claimed that the Ozone Hole in the atmosphere over Antarctica was smaller. I read the article, actually skimmed it, and it quickly became clear that whoever wrote it didnít know anything about the matter, and hadnít bothered checking old files. I made a few comments, and then left it. But I started wondering again who or what is having articles like that one and the things about Anthropogenic Climate Change written and ...
Page 1 of 74 1234561151 ... LastLast