View RSS Feed

Uncategorized

Entries with no category

1. If He Had Known

by , Today at 10:52 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    "Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it." ó Edmund Burke
    https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/111...d-to-repeat-it
    "Those who understand history are condemned to watch other idiots repeat it."
    Peter Lamborn Wilson
    https://www.goodreads.com/quotes/105...h-other-idiots

Whether we like it or not, we all know that everything ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. And the Winner Will Be

by , 10-16-2019 at 01:58 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Itís too early to predict a winner in the 2020 presidential election with much confidence, but a few things have happened recently that provide some reasonable ideas. Yesterday, the Dems had another debate, and the alleged pundits think that Elizabeth Warren came off the winner, and Biden was in second. I get the impression that Sanders is seen as falling, and the munchkins remained munchkins. That situation probably will remain for some time, and it will turn into a two person race, except that ...

Updated 10-16-2019 at 03:28 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Is there Intelligent Life

by , 10-08-2019 at 06:45 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few hours ago, I had a brilliant thought. I decided that I should investigate it, before I try to capitalize on it. Alas, I learned that others have had very similar ideas, so I canít make all of the money from it. But I realized that there is a good reason that can explain why we havenít encountered any intelligent alien life, yet. The reason is: mitochondria, a sort of bacteria that provide energy to the eukaryote cells. Mitochondria are symbiotic cells that have their own DNA. It is thought ...

Updated 10-08-2019 at 07:01 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Or What?

by , 10-06-2019 at 04:51 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I frequently wonder about those silly Earthlings. Most of them Have serious problems with science, math, mathematics, and logic. How did they manage to develop anything even vaguely like civilization? But I haven't been able to figure out why they have such problems. But I haven't been able to figure out why. Is it herd mentality (which would be an inborn tendency) that makes them believe without question anyone who is said to be an authority, or what, but most humans seem to have a need to agree ...
  5. Carbon Dioxide Red Herring

by , 09-27-2019 at 09:11 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I find it annoying to read or hear assertions that human activity is causing climate change especially when the people making the assertions never even heard of the Milkovitch cycles and donít even know what makes some gases "greenhouse gases" while other gases do not create the greenhouse effect. Many articles on the subject give the impression the the author does not understand what he is writing.

One item that is less prevalent now than it was a few years ago is the ...

Updated 09-28-2019 at 06:25 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 87 1234561151 ... LastLast