View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Photography and Memory Problems

by , 07-22-2015 at 05:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    We have known for many years that photography is related to memory deficiencies, but it has not been demonstrated whether photography is the cause of defective memory, or if it is a result of having a defective memory, specifically an attempt to fill in for a natural memory, and it is possible that it varies from case to case.

It must be a pleasant surprise to people who can’t remember much that there are devices to allow them to save images of persons, things, places, and events ...
  2. Nicotine, Its Advantages

by , 12-08-2013 at 10:25 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I haven’t had a cigarette in years (I can’t remember exactly how many), but I haven’t quit, nor have I lost my bias toward freedom, so I still defend the right for people to live their own lives. Today I got a laugh when I saw an article in the Hampshire Gazette about towns trying to ban those electronic cigarettes now. If this new example of nanny government is being “justified” by health claims, then there is a major problem. But, as with so many things, the press only presents information that ...

Updated 12-11-2013 at 02:04 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized