View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Hat in the Ring?

by , 01-26-2019 at 04:57 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Has the time come for me to toss my hat into the ring for the presidency of the United States of America in 2020?

The U.S.A. hasn't had an independent president since Washington. And I doubt that any party would be willing to back me, except maybe the Libertarian Party. Or I could declare that I am with the Classical Liberal Party, and that would confuse most people. Having someone at the top who was as unconnected from political insiders and criminals world be refreshing. Several ...
  2. Self- Delusion for Your Own Good

by , 10-10-2014 at 09:21 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Remain calm. All actions are futile.

We all know in our subconscious minds that there is no hope, and that everything is predetermined, so our actions and decisions are predetermined, so we might as well not do anything. Yes, life is completely pointless, except as a tool for DNA to develop more complicated organisms. We are all in the same position as the character on The Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut who produced a replacement part for the Tralfamadorians by a series of acts ...

Updated 10-10-2014 at 09:28 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. The Happiness Diet

by , 01-26-2014 at 04:58 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Not long ago I wrote in regard to artificial happiness, but there is an easier way to happiness than the ways that I mentioned. There are foods that provide the components that go into building the neurotransmitters that make humans happy. If someone had a deficiency of some neurotransmitter, then the diet might correct that, and it would make it easier for people to be happy, because there would be more than adequate raw materials for many neurotransmitters. The human body is an excellent chemical ...

Updated 02-02-2014 at 03:56 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Happiness

by , 12-19-2013 at 11:08 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The more I looked into happiness and thought about it, the more interesting it became. In one way happiness is a set of chemical rewards that we get for doing things that are programmed into our genes as good. In another way happiness is drug addiction. And in yet another way it is a mode of communications. It is those, but it is also one of the things that ties humans together into families and communities. It isn't surprising that people become addicted to drugs that artificially ...

Updated 12-21-2013 at 10:12 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized