View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Non-extinction of Neanderthals

by , 12-14-2019 at 09:08 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have read many times that Neanderthals became extinct. That annoys me, because it is false. It may seem like a delicate piece of sophistry, but extinction is when a species, subspecies, or variety dies out, leaving no descendants. That is tied in with some people inaccurately referring to Neanderthals as a species; they are not a species separate from H. sapiens. This may seem like picking nits, but if we can get the details right, then we can better understand the whole picture.

2. Eliminating Ignorance

by , 11-07-2015 at 07:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    One Scintilla At a Time

Earlier today I saw the headline: “New York is investigating Exxon Mobil for allegedly misleading the public about climate change.” My comment when I shared it on Facebook was: “I'm glad I'm not paying for this witch-hunt, because nothing will be proven, but it is possible that it will be shown how questionable some of the so-called science is.” But this is nothing compared to some reporting on actual scientific papers.

For one example, you ...
  3. The Races Of Humans

by , 09-15-2014 at 08:42 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Within the last few days it occurred to me that I might have been mistaken; there might be more than one race within the human species, but skin color isn’t relevant. I guess the seed was planted when someone asked me about the Blood Type Diet. But the race determiner isn’t blood type; it is the Rh factor. Then I found a website that suggested this also http://rhnegativebloodsecrets.blogsp...nderthals.html .
    This site makes some assertions that may not be ...