View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Food Trend

by , 07-13-2020 at 07:27 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t espouse conspiracy theories, but something along those lines is the best explanation that I can find for the trend in recent decades away from high quality foods and toward foods that are minimally nutritious and sometimes toxic. When I was younger, beans were eaten seldom and always properly cooked, but in the last few decades there has been a trend toward eating more beans that are poorly cooked beans and various bean derivatives, even though it is well known that beans contain toxins ...

Updated 07-13-2020 at 07:33 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Creating a New World Order

by , 03-27-2013 at 09:42 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It probably was a mistake to read it at all, but I just finished reading “The World Set Free” by H. G. Wells. It is about the nuclear war in the mid 1950’s and the aftermath of the war. The book was written a hundred years ago, before anyone actually knew what a runaway nuclear reaction would be like. He got that wrong, thinking that the chain reaction would continue for years, rather than creating a real explosion of large size. The novel was about the results, rather than the action. He pointed ...

Updated 03-27-2013 at 07:41 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized