View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Buying Votes

by , 08-31-2020 at 07:13 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    While it is illegal in the U.S.A. to pay some directly for their vote, it is lawful and traditional to pay them indirectly. I was reminded about this when I saw a headline about the so-called stimulus bill. Both the Dems and the Reps are trying to pass legislation that will provide money to people affected by the pandemic; i.e., everyone. They have been working on that for a few months, but they haven't managed to do it, yet. There are problems, because both parties want to make it look like they ...

Updated 08-31-2020 at 07:53 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Fighting Propaganda

by , 09-23-2019 at 07:20 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Has everything become politicized? It appears that there is no scientific information regarding climate change. Everything is either alarmist or denying everything. I realized years ago that the alarmists were alarmists and propagandists, and I found some information about the matter that was based in science, rather than in ideology, but today I looked for scientific information and found only one journal article about solar cycles, and I only found that because the authors are being attacked by ...
  3. Did Boomers Cause Present Situation

by , 09-11-2019 at 12:40 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It doesn’t do much good to blame persons or groups for social changes, and that is certainly true in the present political climate. There are plenty of reasons why the political and economic landscapes became what they are now, and it partly happened during a period when boomers dominated to political and economic worlds, but it started and most of the damage was done earlier, and some of the present situation is just negative aspects of good things. Even the neo-NAZI aspects of Trump’s political ...
  4. Truthiness

by , 11-03-2017 at 06:49 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    "Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see." Various as far back as Alfred the Great

I have become a little dubious of the ability of many people to tell the difference between facts and fiction. I was going to title this ‘Truthiness’, but I found that truthiness’ has been redefined to mean something having the appearance of truth although it is not. That is part of the problem, but I am concerned with things that a simply not true at all, but people assert ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Propaganda

by , 11-05-2016 at 04:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Full Definition of propaganda

1 capitalized: a congregation of the Roman curia

2: the spreading of ideas, information, or rumor for the purpose of helping or injuring an institution, a cause, or a person

3: ideas, facts, or allegations spread deliberately to further one's cause or to damage an opposing cause; also: a public action having such an effect
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/propaganda

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast