View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Are They Lying?

by , 08-03-2020 at 07:12 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was thinking about writing about the misfortune that people are acting up about racism, but I was listening to TV coverage of an electrical storm that has produced a tornado, when the reporters said many things that were false. It was clear that they didn't know much about weather and probably never studied meteorology, and they certainly never bothered reading the National Weather Service information about warnings and watches. They tried to make the thunderstorm sound like something exciting ...
  2. Or What?

by , 10-06-2019 at 04:51 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I frequently wonder about those silly Earthlings. Most of them Have serious problems with science, math, mathematics, and logic. How did they manage to develop anything even vaguely like civilization? But I haven't been able to figure out why they have such problems. But I haven't been able to figure out why. Is it herd mentality (which would be an inborn tendency) that makes them believe without question anyone who is said to be an authority, or what, but most humans seem to have a need to agree ...
  3. Flat Earth and Other Silliness

by , 12-10-2017 at 09:30 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Last week there were some stories on google news about a man who was planning to shoot himself off in a steam powered rocket to take photos that would prove that the Earth is a disc. One of those articles mentioned youtube videos and other material. I foolishly wasted more than an hour with videos and articles that demonstrated that education isn't as good as it should be. The main video told how the U.S.A. and the USSR had done many high altitude nuclear tests in attempts to smash through the firmament. ...
  4. Persistence of Ignorance

by , 12-24-2016 at 04:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Earlier today I was shocked to learn that there still are people in Amherst, Massachusetts who think General Jeffrey Amherst had something to do with spreading smallpox among the Indian, and even worse some even think that he did that in Western Massachusetts.

I previously blogged about this at:
    http://www.online-literature.com/for...nd-the-Indians
    And there is an excellent article about the matter at:
    http://www.jstor.org/stable/27774278...n_tab_contents ...

Updated 03-07-2023 at 05:12 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Eliminating Ignorance

by , 11-07-2015 at 07:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    One Scintilla At a Time

Earlier today I saw the headline: “New York is investigating Exxon Mobil for allegedly misleading the public about climate change.” My comment when I shared it on Facebook was: “I'm glad I'm not paying for this witch-hunt, because nothing will be proven, but it is possible that it will be shown how questionable some of the so-called science is.” But this is nothing compared to some reporting on actual scientific papers.

For one example, you ...
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast