View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Who profits from climate change alarmism

by , 09-16-2023 at 03:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Consider businesses that have grown from the climate change alarmism. They range from making electric cars to making or selling solar panels to windmill arrays, and there are other companies that are looking toward sea level rise, the melting of Greenland’s ice, and other changes happening as results of climate change. There will be more, and there are some who are pushing for restrictions on economic activity because of assertions that those activities caused climate change. Like most social changes, ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. New Ethics

by , 08-15-2023 at 03:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe it's just in this area, but it seems like the standards for ethics and honesty have changed in the last few years. While it is easy to point at Trump as the paragon of these new standards, he isn't the only one, but no one has produced such a wide range of new ethical standards. The sexual ethical standards of Hollywood recruiters were a “special case”, because they were not used in other industries to any significant degree. But Trump had the nerve to apply those standards to a casual encounter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. What Are They Thinking

by , 02-02-2019 at 04:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have a few extra email accounts, and one is just for things that I want to stay away from. For some reason, that address has gotten into the hands of some web sites in Russia and Ukraine that specialize in trying to either sell women, or to get stupid people to send money to unknown persons who claim to be sexy women who want to move out of Russia.

I feel sorry for Russian and Ukrainian women who try to solicit money by email. They send an endless of stream of email that must take ...
  4. Hoaxes and Delusions

by , 12-04-2014 at 10:54 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently I thought about making comments about the people in this area who are infected with the Ebola virus. I was just thinking about getting a little more clear space around me. Good sense prevailed, and I didn’t mention the people with Ebola, because that might be a criminal act. I just searched for the laws under which I might be charged, and I became uncertain as to whether there is such a law. Apparently “fraud is the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary ...

Updated 12-04-2014 at 10:21 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized