View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Delusion in the White House

by , 12-20-2018 at 08:11 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe it’s just the zeitgeist of this days, but I have noticed more and more people showing signs of delusional thinking. It isn’t just a few people with schizophrenic symptoms, but even the present occupant of the Oval Office shows signs of delusional thinking. It might have been a mistake to mention schizophrenia, because not of the delusional people have that problem; although it is difficult to tell without careful observation and analysis. And while belief in conspiracy theories can indicate ...

Updated 12-29-2018 at 10:54 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Treating the Insane

by , 07-29-2016 at 03:01 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For the last few decades the mentally ill have been treated largely on an outpatient basis. And, as I pointed out in my post on homelessness, most homeless people in the U.S.A. have some sort of mental illness. Some mornings a guy who believes a number of conspiracy theories sits near in Starbucks and treats me to his theories. Yesterday he admitted that he hears voices. This morning a quiet, pleasant guy I am acquainted with was punched in the face on a bus by a woman who is fairly mad. It is pretty ...