View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Growth of Stupidity

by , 02-08-2023 at 02:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don't meet everyone, but the people that I do run into seem to be less intelligent than people used to be, and they seem to be less willing to accept correction. I fear that Donald Trump is responsible for part of that. When people who have IQ's in the 80's and low 90's saw one of their own as president of the U.S.A., they seem to have gotten the idea that if he can do that, then I should do whatever I want to do, and no one can condemn me. Part of this thinking is that I have been among the lowest ...
  2. Medical Communications

by , 03-11-2022 at 08:57 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For the last few years, I have had more contact with the medical professionals than in earlier years, and I have learned some interesting things about those people. For one thing, they are are a varied bunch. They all went through medical school and so on, but they are humans and show the kind of variation that all humans do. Many of the medical practitioners that I have met, I like, and some of them I would call friends. Unfortunately, trying to communicate with them in regard to medical matters ...
  3. Increasing America's Intelligence

by , 04-30-2020 at 09:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I saw a website earlier that suggested a new American Revolution (see link below). That might be a good idea, but this site was suggesting revolting over the closing of most of the economy, and apparently they want to have all restrictions on activity to be removed. I can understand that, and I don't like government ordering me to do anything. On the other hand, associating with people who are carrying a highly contagious disease who apparently have not made any attempt to avoid infection isn't ...

Updated 04-30-2020 at 09:46 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Empty Barrels

by , 06-26-2019 at 01:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Empty Barrels Make the Most Noise.

For something else that I am writing, I have been thinking about evolution of humans. It is somewhat surprising that intelligence didn’t increase in similar amounts to all people during evolution, but has been noted that there is considerable breadth in the range of "normal intelligence".

This came to mind in regard to drunks, bums, petty criminals, the mentally ill, and the underclass, those who are outside the economy ...
  5. Institutionalized Ignorance

by , 01-14-2019 at 05:13 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A few days ago I was horrified to read the James Watson, Nobel Laureate for having discovered DNA, is being condemned for having made comments that are alleged to be racist; although there has been no inquiry into the veracity of his comments.

Specifically, Doctor Watson is cited as having said, “There’s a “difference on the average between blacks and whites on IQ tests,” he said. “I would say the difference is ... genetic.” He also said he took no joy in his conclusion. The situation ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast