View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. How to Complain

by , 05-18-2022 at 01:06 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Recently, I have experienced people complaining in ineffective ways. They had real, legitimate complaints to make, but they presented the complaints in ways that would insure that they would be ignored. In my youth I learned to expressing unhappiness and persuading people to change something to make it more acceptable to me are two different things.

Expressing unhappiness by screaming at someone may give some personal satisfaction, but it is unlikely to get the target of the rant ...
  2. On Hiding Faces

by , 05-06-2020 at 09:04 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Everything tells a story about itself. The story I was thinking about was stereotypes, but there's more to it than the traditional discussion, because humans announce themselves with their faces. People looked like what they are. That means that people who look like idiots almost certainly are idiots, and people who pleasant and friendly almost certainly are pleasant and friendly, regardless of other factors. But people who try to convince you that they are your friends but look like they intend ...

Updated 05-07-2020 at 06:51 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Weapons Grade

by , 04-07-2020 at 06:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have read that some people think that CoVid-19 is a weaponized virus built in a lab run by the U.S. or maybe Mossad or China or someone else. I think that idea is silly for several reasons. Disease producing microorganisms are very hard to get to do much. They don't follow orders well. In addition, viruses may mutate into something that won't do the desired job. Microorganisms are also hard to herd. While people can herd cattle to go to certain places; it is rather hard or impossible to herd things ...