View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. New Ethics

by , 08-15-2023 at 03:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe it's just in this area, but it seems like the standards for ethics and honesty have changed in the last few years. While it is easy to point at Trump as the paragon of these new standards, he isn't the only one, but no one has produced such a wide range of new ethical standards. The sexual ethical standards of Hollywood recruiters were a “special case”, because they were not used in other industries to any significant degree. But Trump had the nerve to apply those standards to a casual encounter ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. On Civil Disobedience

by , 09-18-2021 at 02:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today I started thinking about the people planning a march in Washington in regard to the attack on the Houses of Congress. The Duty of Civil Disobedience implies the opposite, when that is appropriate, and that would include non-governmental action against people attacking the country and its institutions.

I have no trouble imagining citizens of the U.S.A. being unhappy with some actions of the government, but I can’t understand people attacking the process of elections and asserting ...
  3. Rule of Law

by , 11-17-2020 at 09:33 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It has come to my attention that some people are proposing that Trump not be prosecuted for his criminal acts in the name of unity. While it is preferable that citizens of all opinions should support the government, but it is even more important that people realize that laws are serious, and they exist for everyone, and that means that no one is above the law. It is very important that no one be “above the law”, but in the past presidents have gotten a pass; that has been especially true for presidents. ...
    Tags: trump, tyranny
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Non-Concession

by , 11-11-2020 at 04:35 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t understand why some people are upset that Trump has not conceded defeat in the presidential election. A concession in an election is simply a polite way of showing that one is a mature adult, and we have known for decades that Trump is a mature adult. A concession speech doesn’t even mean that one has lost, only that one has decent manners. Rather than giving examples of why we shouldn’t expect such manners from Trump, we should just remember how he has acted in the past.

5. The End is Near

by , 09-30-2020 at 02:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I had expected Trump’s re-election campaign to die from major illness on his part. I thought it would be physical illness, but it seems that moral and psychological illness is the reason. It was in this the last week of September, and there were two major components to Trump's demise: the report of his federal income tax return hurt him, but Trump scoffed it as fake news, even though we had already known the information in general, but the details filled in a lot of the details, even though the ...

Updated 09-30-2020 at 10:29 PM by PeterL

Tags: biden, drop out, trump
    Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast