View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. The Inutility of Higher Education

by , 04-02-2022 at 11:20 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I am not completely against higher education, but it has little or no value for most people, and it may even have negative value in some cases. This is not something that was on my mind, but it came to mind while was thinking about recent adventures in the medical industry. I have plenty of respect for any of the people in the medical industry, but I think that they waste a lot of time in classrooms, when it comes down to what may be useful in the business. It isn’t just that one of the physicians ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Real Pandemic

by , 02-05-2022 at 12:04 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For the last two years, we have been told by some medical people and by government bureaucrats, and by the newsies that Covid19 is a causing a horrific pandemic. I think that it is largely exaggeration. Covid is a new variation of a virus that has been around for a long time. Usually, the cause of death is whatever the attending physician puts on the notice, and generally the attending physician is concentrating on one thing and may not even know about other conditions that affect a given individual. ...
  3. From Ignorance to Insurrection

by , 01-12-2021 at 08:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    While thinking about the insurrection invading the U.S. Capitol, I realized that the underlying reason for it was ignorance; although there may reasons for the ignorance. Most people have very limited contact with state and local government, just paying taxes, voting, building inspections, etc. And many people think that TV cop shows are good sources for legal advice and information about prosecution.

For criminal prosecution, there are many rules for the collection of evidence, ...
  4. Educational Shortcomings

by , 06-20-2017 at 04:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Educational systems seem to fail everyone in some significant way. Here in the U.S.A. elementary and secondary school teachers are generally under-trained and underpaid, so they aren’t fully prepared to teach children, and there are major problems with the curriculum they are expected to teach. The curriculum doesn't include many things that should be included, and it does include many things that are a waste of time.

One thing that I was thinking of was basic logic. Many people ...
  5. Eliminating Ignorance

by , 11-07-2015 at 07:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    One Scintilla At a Time

Earlier today I saw the headline: “New York is investigating Exxon Mobil for allegedly misleading the public about climate change.” My comment when I shared it on Facebook was: “I'm glad I'm not paying for this witch-hunt, because nothing will be proven, but it is possible that it will be shown how questionable some of the so-called science is.” But this is nothing compared to some reporting on actual scientific papers.

For one example, you ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast