View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Good Political Leaders

by , 01-03-2017 at 06:04 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There is a lot more ambition in politics than intelligence or good sense. This isn’t just a modern problem, but the ancients were also afflicted by politicians with big egos and small brains. That combination tends to lead to people thinking that their preferences are actually best for everyone, without realizing that personal preferences are just that, personal and preferences. Just as different people prefer different foods so it is with politics. And I’m not referring to the great divide between ...
  2. Cult of Inferiority

by , 10-14-2016 at 03:40 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Maybe it's a sign of the times that low quality seems to be what many people crave. I can't imagine Trump having been a serious contender for President a few decades ago, but he is doing remarkable well for someone who is what he is. But this post is about a few other things, as well. During the Summer, the Starbucks, where I start most days, "renovated"; that is, they removed the oak flooring and replaced it with some dung colored tile of some sort, and they hauled out the comfortable ...

Updated 10-14-2016 at 08:17 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized