View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Electric Vehicles, past and future

by , 11-01-2023 at 04:13 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the early part of the twentieth Century, there was competition among the manufacturers of motor vehicles as to which type would prevail. Gasoline, steam, and electric were all available, and each had its advantages and disadvantages. Because of the weight, time to recharge, and lack of recharging facilities. Electric vehicle became less popular, except for railroads, where the tracks allowed for easy access to power. The internal combustion engine became the general rule, because the makers of ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Great Publicity

by , 03-10-2020 at 07:26 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have written against marketing lies, but I never before have seen a publicity campaign as successful as what has been done with Coronavirus. Until a few months ago, most people would have expressed ignorance, if they were asked about Coronavirus; although a few would remember SARS and/or MERS. There are a few people who have actually looked into it, and I even used Coronavirus in a novel, Harry's Time Tours (soon to be renamed Causation). I recently reread that section of Causation, and it was ...
  3. The Coming U.S. Debt Crisis

by , 04-15-2019 at 06:07 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Debtors love inflation. The more they owe, the more inflation they want. That is because inflated dollars cost less, so the debtors can repay the same nominal amount for a lower value. That works whether you are a real estate developer or the U.S.A. The U.S. Treasury and the Federal Reserve Bank have been encouraging high inflation for a long time, so that the Treasury can pay off bonds with cheaper dollars. If inflation is running at average rate of 2.68% per annum, thirty year bonds can be paid ...

Updated 04-16-2019 at 05:05 PM by PeterL (clarity)

Categories
    Uncategorized