View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. To What Purpose

by , 08-13-2022 at 03:09 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the last few days, I have seen articles about scientists saying that California may be in for a “mega flood”. I find such things mildly interesting but not useful. And I wonder why people write such things and why those articles get published ab\s something scientific. It’s like back in the 1970’s, when there were articles in the science magazines about the impending floods from the West Ice Shield of Antarctica sliding into the Pacific Ocean. It still hasn’t happened, but there still are articles ...
  2. Water Works

by , 07-14-2019 at 02:50 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Humans have been accused of having damaged the Earth in some ways, but the major alterations that humans have made to the Earth have been largely ignored, while trouble and noise has been put into climate, which is a perfectly natural thing, and while it is normal and natural for rivers to change courses, it isn’t natural for them to run on the high ground while a lower course is immediately available.

People have been altering rivers to suit them for more than six thousand years. ...