View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Person to Person Communication

by , 08-11-2020 at 08:16 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    A number of years ago, an old friend told me about the book that he had just read. The premise of the novel was that humans do not actually use speech to communicate; speech is an attention getting signal only; the actual communication is direct , mind-to-mind. We were staying at a friend's house, and the next morning someone else who was staying there was looking at albums to play, and mentioned something by the Moody Blues. I was not wildly enthusiastic about the Moody Blues, but I like some of ...
  2. Women's clothing an 'invitation' to harassment

by , 12-16-2017 at 05:06 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    'I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor,' Rep. Marcy Kaptur tells fellow Democrats at a private meeting
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...assment-294974

This is true, and it isn't just women.

It was good to see a woman commenting that women’s clothing may seem inviting to some men. Humans, like all animals, constantly send out messages about their sexual status and interest. The ...
  3. Truly Free

by , 08-14-2017 at 05:44 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    "I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it"
    Voltaire

Today I have seen a few things suggesting that NAZI's should be muzzled. Voltaire gave my response to that. When we start banning totalitarianists, we agree with them, because they want everything banned except what they like.

In an ideal world everyone would agree with me, not because I would have forced them, but because they would have seen ...

Updated 08-14-2017 at 05:48 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized