View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Replacing Drugs with Sex

by , 01-25-2023 at 03:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Humans often ask the wrong questions, then are disappointed when the answers do not work, or work as they would have liked. A realm where that is blinding clear is in regard to the drugs that people use for amusement. Many people ask or wonder about the reasons for drug use, but the answers that they see often related to family, upbringing, environment, socialization, etc., but there is little said about neurotransmitters and hormones. Much drug use is an attempt to get the level of something back ...
  2. Women's clothing an 'invitation' to harassment

by , 12-16-2017 at 05:06 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    'I saw a member yesterday with her cleavage so deep it was down to the floor,' Rep. Marcy Kaptur tells fellow Democrats at a private meeting
    https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...assment-294974

This is true, and it isn't just women.

It was good to see a woman commenting that women’s clothing may seem inviting to some men. Humans, like all animals, constantly send out messages about their sexual status and interest. The ...
  3. Good Marketing

by , 11-13-2015 at 04:40 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There I was in Starbucks when I heard someone mention the matter of remaining properly hydrated. That reminded me about the most successful marketing campaign that I can think of, and that led me to think of get-rich-quick schemes, because that’s fundamentally what the hydration myth is about. If only I could think of something that could be so effective. What is it that people regularly use that they don’t appreciate as well as they might; the marketing of which would look like good medical advice? ...
  4. On Building Time Machines, Part 2

by , 07-06-2013 at 03:05 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Personally, I lean toward the mystical view, that the universe that we see is a projection on the more fundamental parts of the universe. This concurs with views of some physicists as well. This can also be an explanation for “dark matter’. There could be a great deal of matter that is outside of our space-time but within range of gravity. Similarly, the Many Worlds Interpretation of Quantum Mechanics would also fit into this, and that would be another way to hide mass out of sight of our space-time. ...