View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Deaths of Two Parties

by , 08-08-2020 at 10:27 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Back in 2013 I started writing about the demise of the major political parties in the U.S.A., and it is taking a long time for them to get with the program, but it appears that we are approaching the end. W and the tea party fatally wounded the Republican Party, so much so that they nominated Trump and even got him elected. The final coup de grace will take place in the Fall election. The real problem will not be Trump’s defeat, but the attempt to put the party back together together with the attempts ...
  2. Nomenclature of Political Parties

by , 07-10-2019 at 11:07 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For some reason I started thinking about the Guelphs and Ghibellines, Tories, Know Nothings, Northern Leagues, and various other names that political parties have chosen. While some of the names were intended to show what the party was about, the stance of the party on issues and political preferences tend to evolve over time; thus the name might cease to be appropriate. And some of the names are just words that were applied to a political group.

Perhaps the most interesting terms ...
  3. The Eve of Destruction of the Two Party System

by , 11-01-2013 at 03:22 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For quite a while I have thought that the two major parties in the U.S.A. would come to an end, but I couldn’t tell what the proximate causes would be; although the Republican Party was destroyed by W, and the Tea Partiers are completing that destruction, but it was unclear how the Democrats would destroy their party. Now it looks like Obamacare is the instrument that the Dems created to destroy their party.

Not only is the website for enrolling not working well, but I just saw ...

Updated 11-02-2013 at 10:46 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized