View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Disinformation

by , 05-03-2023 at 07:30 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    After looking at more information that has been presented to people for consideration, I have come to the conclusion that there isn’t much factual information in news. Due to the lack of valis information, I don’t know have enough facts to build opinions from. It appears that all political parties, and all countries are using disinformation on a regular basis.

As one example, it appears that the news from the Ukraine War is being written by people who are into gaming. There may be ...
  2. This Is My Home

by , 07-07-2021 at 10:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I had been thinking about Afghanistan and Rumsfeld, and I have a wonderful blog begun based on that, but it is a depressing subject, and I felt like something pleasanter, even thought Rumsfeld had me thinking about propaganda, but propaganda works both ways.

Burr's conspiracy was damnable, but it probably wasn't treason. They should have let him continue for a few months, and that would have let the story become clear. If Burr was planning to take a chunk of Texas on lease, then that ...

Updated 07-08-2021 at 03:37 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Disinformation

by , 05-19-2021 at 03:42 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have written about the persistence of ignorance before, and I wish I had adequate data to determine the cause. I don't think that actual scientists are very likely to hold onto information that has been shown to be false, because they research their subject before they go further into it. Unfortunately, there are some people who write articles on scientific matters who do not bother with researching.

Earlier today, I looked for articles about the “ozone hole”, because that has ...
  4. Fighting Propaganda

by , 09-23-2019 at 07:20 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Has everything become politicized? It appears that there is no scientific information regarding climate change. Everything is either alarmist or denying everything. I realized years ago that the alarmists were alarmists and propagandists, and I found some information about the matter that was based in science, rather than in ideology, but today I looked for scientific information and found only one journal article about solar cycles, and I only found that because the authors are being attacked by ...
  5. Cherry Picking

by , 11-09-2018 at 04:31 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Yesterday, I noticed a post on my Facebook newsfeed about carbon dioxide in the past and climate change. It quickly became apparent that the data was incomplete, and someone had already posted a note about that. I posted links to two similar articles that had more complete information, and, of course, my comments were heartily criticized, because the original was from NASA, while I posted links by people who do make their livings backing an issue.

Since then I have been thinking ...
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast