View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Politician showing Courage

by , 08-30-2021 at 08:23 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    We all know that politicians usually regard their profession as the art of doing what is most likely. There are exceptions, but Trump was an outlier. Biden, oddly enough, is another outlier, but he lies outside the norm in a different direction. Most U.S. Presidents seek first to help themselves and their adherents. George W. Bush sought to help his pals in the oil and gas industry with the war in Iraq, and some say that there were plans for a pipeline through Afghanistan, but that is irrelevant, ...

Updated 08-30-2021 at 08:44 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Edited History

by , 05-03-2019 at 04:00 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    For some reason, earlier today I recalled a couple of events that have already been edited out of the history of the 21st century. Unfortunately, I do not have archival information about either event, so many people won’t believe that they happened. In the end, I found that these items haven’t been deleted, just ignored and pushed out of the generally available record.

Neither item was widely reported when it happened, but there were reports online. The first one was when in the Summer ...

Updated 05-04-2019 at 10:30 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized