View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Winning with 43%

by , 02-29-2020 at 05:25 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Could Trump win the election with only forty-three percent of the popular vote? Someone could easily win with 48%, but the votes would come from many places to get his vote total down to 43%. I will have to look at the state by state numbers to figure it out in detail, but if Trump fails to take several states that he took in 2016, then his popular vote total will be even lower this time, and he will be losing some states. People have won with less than 43 % of the popular vote, but there were unusual ...

Updated 03-03-2020 at 04:33 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Eliminating Lies

by , 02-23-2020 at 06:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In the past, it seemed like most people used facts as the bases of their opinions; Marketers usually based their campaigns in fact; even politicians worked from facts. And people who disagreed usually started from contrary facts. Recently, it has seemed like most people ignore facts, just saying what their fantasies dictated.

It might be that I was deluded in the past, and it could be that I have been mistaken more recently, but I think it would be safe to say that even opinions ...
  3. September Surprise

by , 02-07-2020 at 07:37 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have refrained from using my perspective from the 28th century to report events to this period, but this was so monumental that I felt compelled to share the information. Don't worry too much, because Trump was just a minor blip in history who was mostly forgotten within a decade.

It was early September, and the country was getting used to the idea that Trump probably would be president for another term. We were even getting used to having a president who knew as much about the ...

Updated 02-09-2020 at 07:19 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Sexy Garb

by , 02-03-2020 at 09:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In an ideal state of nature, people would not, and did not, hide their bodies under clothing of any sort, but for various reasons, the wearing of clothing became common almost everywhere. Garments not only protect the body from inclement weather and other unpleasantnesses, but it hides the bodies from the sexually interested of persons of the complementary sex, and that can be inconvenient, and that inconvenience has increased over time. For the first few million years, the bodies were generally ...

Updated 02-04-2020 at 05:50 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized