View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Existential Threat? No

by , 07-21-2022 at 07:22 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have respected science and knowledge in general since my earliest memories. I strongly considered going into a scientific field professionally, but being outside the sciences is more appropriate to someone of my personality; I am better suited for generalism than for the narrow specialization of the sciences.

While it is possible that the human race will be destroyed by a change in the climate of the Earth, that is rather unlikely, and it would be impossible for humans to alter ...
  2. Sustainable population

by , 06-04-2022 at 09:29 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    In addition to the pressure on farmland by the rising population, the amount of arable land that could be lost to oceans as sea level rises with further global warming is huge, and low-lying lands are some of the most fertile.
    If all glacial ice melted, then it is estimated that sea level would rise 230 feet. Since the last glacial maximum, sea level has risen about 400 feet, but different sources give a variety of figures. It has been estimated that sea level will rise by about twenty feet ...