View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Eliminating Drug Problems

by , 09-19-2015 at 04:10 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I probably should stop reading newspapers. Yesterday I saw an opinion piece about siting an addiction treatment facility. Apparently there are people who are opposed to such things. The writer of the piece didn’t even touch the real problem: certain drugs are illegal, so the use of them can become a problem. Most of the problems involving drugs are from their illegality rather than the drug itself or reactions to the drug; although there sometimes are overdoses. If the drugs were legal and the chemical ...
  2. Happiness

by , 12-19-2013 at 11:08 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    The more I looked into happiness and thought about it, the more interesting it became. In one way happiness is a set of chemical rewards that we get for doing things that are programmed into our genes as good. In another way happiness is drug addiction. And in yet another way it is a mode of communications. It is those, but it is also one of the things that ties humans together into families and communities. It isn't surprising that people become addicted to drugs that artificially ...

Updated 12-21-2013 at 10:12 AM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized