View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Corona Virus

by , 02-01-2022 at 09:50 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I became interested in Corona Viruses several year ago, because I was planning a novel that would include the Really Great Pandemic, and I wanted a suitable disease. I considered several candidates, including Yersinia Pestis, which causes Plague in its three forms, Influenza, which is a popular communicable disease, and a few others, but most of the other diseases didn't make it past the initial review, because they were too difficult to spread, or they were too difficult to obtain. I used Plague ...
  2. Weapons Grade

by , 04-07-2020 at 06:41 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I have read that some people think that CoVid-19 is a weaponized virus built in a lab run by the U.S. or maybe Mossad or China or someone else. I think that idea is silly for several reasons. Disease producing microorganisms are very hard to get to do much. They don't follow orders well. In addition, viruses may mutate into something that won't do the desired job. Microorganisms are also hard to herd. While people can herd cattle to go to certain places; it is rather hard or impossible to herd things ...
  3. Creating a New World Order

by , 03-27-2013 at 09:42 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It probably was a mistake to read it at all, but I just finished reading “The World Set Free” by H. G. Wells. It is about the nuclear war in the mid 1950’s and the aftermath of the war. The book was written a hundred years ago, before anyone actually knew what a runaway nuclear reaction would be like. He got that wrong, thinking that the chain reaction would continue for years, rather than creating a real explosion of large size. The novel was about the results, rather than the action. He pointed ...

Updated 03-27-2013 at 07:41 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized