View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Replacing Drugs with Sex

by , 01-25-2023 at 03:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Humans often ask the wrong questions, then are disappointed when the answers do not work, or work as they would have liked. A realm where that is blinding clear is in regard to the drugs that people use for amusement. Many people ask or wonder about the reasons for drug use, but the answers that they see often related to family, upbringing, environment, socialization, etc., but there is little said about neurotransmitters and hormones. Much drug use is an attempt to get the level of something back ...
  2. Human Sexual Differences

by , 12-22-2014 at 04:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    An interesting question came up on another site where I am a member. It is a site for writers, and a woman member asked what it felt like for a man to fall in love or be in love. Of course, the question cannot be answered in full, but it is interesting, and it makes me wonder about the same thing. Personally, I would ask a female friend who had a fair grasp of neurotransmitters, hormones, and her own anatomy, but I wouldn’t expect a complete description, because of differences in anatomy and brain ...