View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Non-Concession

by , 11-11-2020 at 04:35 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t understand why some people are upset that Trump has not conceded defeat in the presidential election. A concession in an election is simply a polite way of showing that one is a mature adult, and we have known for decades that Trump is a mature adult. A concession speech doesn’t even mean that one has lost, only that one has decent manners. Rather than giving examples of why we shouldn’t expect such manners from Trump, we should just remember how he has acted in the past.

2. 2020 or 1860

by , 11-05-2019 at 08:13 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It’s too early to predict a winner in the 2020 presidential election with much confidence, but a few things have happened recently that provide some reasonable ideas. In early October, the Dems had another debate, and the alleged pundits think that Elizabeth Warren came off the winner, and Biden was in second, but Lizzie has since then come out with her 70 trillion dollar medical insurance plan, and Biden continues to plug along. I get the impression that Sanders is seen as falling, and the munchkins ...
  3. History Again Repeats

by , 10-30-2019 at 07:29 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today (mon. 10/28/2019) I had a conversation about the 2020 presidential election. Over the weekend, Trump was booed and treated to the chant "Lock him up" at a World Series game. I recalled how I had thought a few years ago that 2020 may look a lot like 1860, when it comes to the presidential election. The person I was talking with agreed. Then we tried to figure out who the four major candidates will be. I don't recall who we determined on, but we didn't have confidence in the choices, ...
  4. Nullification

by , 03-19-2017 at 04:15 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I had thought that the horrible 2016 election cycle was over, but three woman have filed a federal court action that could result in the 2016 presidential election being tossed out. I am sure that the text of their action is available online somewhere, but I don’t know where. From what I managed to find out, this suit is in regard to Russian actions to affect the election, and their claim is under the Guarantee Clause of the Constitution.

"Allegations are that the U.S. government ...
  5. Minority President

by , 06-24-2016 at 04:39 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    It was more than a year ago when I first thought that the 2016 presidential election would be very interesting, and it continues to look interesting. The polls have Hillary with a plurality, but she is at the limit of here favorability, and Trump is also at the limit of his favorability and bumping into his unfavorability numbers, so neither of them is likely to pick up many more votes.

Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, has polled as high as 13%, and Jill Stein is polling close ...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast