View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Disinformation

by , 05-03-2023 at 07:30 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    After looking at more information that has been presented to people for consideration, I have come to the conclusion that there isn’t much factual information in news. Due to the lack of valis information, I don’t know have enough facts to build opinions from. It appears that all political parties, and all countries are using disinformation on a regular basis.

As one example, it appears that the news from the Ukraine War is being written by people who are into gaming. There may be ...
  2. Poor Journalism

by , 10-14-2020 at 06:55 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    There are many reasons for the business problems that newspapers have these days, but one major problems that also affects online and broadcast journalism is poor writing. Expository writing is fairly simple for people who can grasp simple logic.

An expository article or essay has three basic parts: introduction, which tells the subject being discussed, the body or details, and the conclusion, which sums up the details. I have read that the military discusses these three parts as: ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Fact Versus Opinion, What's the difference?

by , 02-15-2016 at 09:47 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I wonder whether one needs the same level of confidence for speculations, opinions, beliefs, prejudices, etc. as for facts. It has been my understanding for as long as I remember that it was fine to opine as one wanted to, regardless of actual fact, but when one wants to assert something as fact, then one must have evidence and logic.

For example, several months ago I opined that there was a good chance that the 2016 presidential election might come out like the 1860 election in ...

Updated 02-18-2016 at 05:26 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized