View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Whose Problem

by , 09-25-2021 at 02:54 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I don’t think it will come with a whimper or a bang. A few good epithets are much more likely. Or maybe I am just becoming less patient with those humans (the ones who do really stupid things.), but it isn’t just me. Consider the recent news: Apparently the Gabby Petito matter became a crime, because that guy wasn’t able to control himself in dealing with a rather attractive woman. Any man stupid enough to murder a woman like Gabby should get the same treatment, when he will be caught.
    Then ...
  2. On Civil Disobedience

by , 09-18-2021 at 02:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Today I started thinking about the people planning a march in Washington in regard to the attack on the Houses of Congress. The Duty of Civil Disobedience implies the opposite, when that is appropriate, and that would include non-governmental action against people attacking the country and its institutions.

I have no trouble imagining citizens of the U.S.A. being unhappy with some actions of the government, but I can’t understand people attacking the process of elections and asserting ...
  3. Science Lies

by , 09-05-2021 at 05:03 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Mark Twain — 'A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.'

I think I should blame the popular press, but there may be blame for the education industry also. Within the last few days, two different people tried to “correct” a piece of science that I mentioned, but they were wrong, and my fact was the real fact.

The first time was with respect to “climate change”. The claimer insisted that the popular delusion that climate change ...

Updated 09-05-2021 at 09:43 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized