View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Trump's Depression

by , 06-09-2019 at 01:52 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I was thinking about how the U.S. economy would go from the upswing that Trump takes credit for to the Even Greater Depression that his trade war will bring on.

Trump should be separated from the claims of strong economy, and he could be thrown out of office and not have a chance of re-election, and he may have undone himself with the additional tariffs. I wasn't expecting the stock market to tank for a considerable time, as it happened during the 1920's. I'm not the only one who ...

Updated 06-09-2019 at 02:05 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Getting Them Off the Streets

by , 07-21-2016 at 05:03 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Comments about homelessness in the U.S.A.

Here in Amherst, Massachusetts the issue of homelessness has become a major thing recently because of some rather unpleasant people who seem to like to stay in public view. There have been homeless people here for decades, or longer, but that is true of all college towns. In the past, most of the homeless people had the good sense to be polite and keep a low profile, and those who were not polite usually were rather clearly mentally ill. For ...

Updated 07-26-2016 at 02:18 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Disappointment

by , 02-20-2014 at 10:10 AM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I started writing a blog post about unemployment, and that the stated figures are not in agreement with the greater unemployment that I see, so I looked at the available statistics, and I was shocked. The information that the BLS puts out are incomplete, and there are no tables of the missing numbers. That creates the appearance that the numbers were dreamed up. That was a disappointment. I was looking forward to ranting for six hundred words, but I can’t.

This started last week, ...