View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Measuring Inflation

by , 12-01-2013 at 04:36 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    First income distribution, then wage inflation, and now measuring inflation.

Inflation: Noun Economics. a persistent, substantial rise in the general level of prices related to an increase in the volume of money and resulting in the loss of value of currency (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/inflation?s=t‎) In my last post I showed examples of two types of inflation, wage inflation and Consumer Price inflation, but there are several other kinds of inflation, including the ...

Updated 12-01-2013 at 05:32 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Income Inflation

by , 11-26-2013 at 05:19 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    While writing my last post, I noticed that there was enough data to create an inflation index. Inflation indices are usually created from the actual costs of something over time, and labor is something; although usually the prices of goods are used. The CPI index is derived from the changes in prices of consumer goods. The index is readjusted from time to time to reflect changes in consumer goods. Wages are simply taken as one factor in final prices, so there is not a generally available specific ...

Updated 11-26-2013 at 08:46 PM by PeterL

Tags: inflation, wages
    Categories
    Uncategorized