View RSS Feed

Memories of the 28th Century

Miscellaneous thoughts about miscellaneous matters

1. Civil Disobedience against Prohibition

by , 10-07-2013 at 03:42 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    I am not advocating the use of any illegal substance, but I do not believe that there should be any illegal substances, certainly not in a supposedly free society. There are fairly good rationales for the existences of some laws that are supposedly intended to save people from themselves, but I question whether it is the business of government to save people from themselves. I realize that there are individuals who are incapable of caring for them, and some laws are intended to protect such people ...
  2. Prohibitionism

by , 10-03-2013 at 03:07 PM (Memories of the 28th Century)
    Again, I harken back to that time I wasted last Friday in a meeting regarding access to medical facilities, etc. Some of the many things mentioned in passing included smoking cessation and alcohol and drug addiction programs, which were briefly mentioned as things that the medical industry must address, as if there is anything necessarily wrong or unhealthy with the use of tobacco and various other addictive drugs. Each substance is different, but, as a general matter, they are not unhealthy, regardless ...

Updated 10-03-2013 at 03:10 PM by PeterL

Categories
    Uncategorized