View RSS Feed

title

description

1. Passing the Time - Adoption Homefront

We received an update from our Adoption Agency yesterday. Now don't get excited cause we still don't know when we are going, however one couple is leaving for the country just before Christmas and there is one family currently there bonding with their 2 new children. There are 2 families that are waiting for their "Letter of Invitation to Travel" and we are one of them. . It would be so cool if we end up travelling around the same time.

I found this great website ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Thinking Ahead

A little more than 4 months from now hopefully my husband and I will be on a plane heading to Kazakhstan to meet our forever child. Once we receive our Invitation to Travel we will have 2 – 3 weeks to get everything together and be there. I’m the type of person that needs to have everything organized ahead of time. The trip is going to be stressful enough without having to worry about did we bring all that we need. My husband on the other hand would wait till the night before to get things ready. ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Trying to Learn Russian

As many of you know my husband and I are in the process of adopting a child overseas. The country we are adopting from is Kazakhstan. We feel we should know some basic Russian so we can hopefully communicate with some of the Officials we meet along the way. We will have an interpreter with us but it would still be nice to be able say some things to them in Russian. We want to make a good impression!!

My husband ordered some CD’s which came with 2 books. I started listening to ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Our Mini Vacation

My husband and I recently went to Lenox Massachusetts for some R & R. It’s about a 3 ½ hr drive from where we live. The first hour of the drive was rather uneventful until we encountered an 18 wheeler. There we are driving along in the left lane and the truck was in the right lane. All of a sudden the truck starts to move into the left lane and my husband has to veer onto the shoulder slightly and while this is happening at 65-70 MPH, I start to see my life flashing by. I’m thinking ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Yeah Baby!!!

Today is turning out to be a wonderful day and nothing is going to get me down.

Received word that our dossier has been approved from the Washington Embassy and is on its way to Kazahkstan

We are now one step closer.

Categories
    Uncategorized
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast