View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

1. Free Books

One of the local libraries around here is having its annual book give away. They started the day I was leaving for vacation, I just got back on Saturday, so today I got to go check it out.

Here is my booky booty

Promise Not To Tell by Jenifer McMachon
    Jumper by Steven Gould
    Babel Tower by A.S. Byatt
    Seeing by Jose Saramago
    Worlds Enough & Time by Dan Simmons
    A Fisherman of the Inland Sea by Ursula K. Guin
    The Art Thief ...
    Categories
    Books
  2. Just A Boy

Just A Boy

I caught a glimpse of the past
    within a figment of the future,
    a future which was not my own,
    I watch as the distant youths
    remain oblivious to the way I have
    imposed my indiscretions upon them,
    I know nothing of the perfections
    and imperfections of their lives,
    but even so I know the boy
    with rock-star hair,
    smoking cigarettes
    with Mephistophelean smiles,
    he isn't handsome by ...
    Categories
    My Poetry
  3. Be Strong! Be Woman!

I was looking up music videos on YouTube when this ad played before one of the songs, and normally I just skip the ads, but as I was waiting for the skip ad countdown, I actually got intrigued by the ad and continued to watching it. It was quite interesting and sends a powerful message I think.

It started out by asking young women (in their 20s) a guy, and a boy about maybe 12 or so to do things like a girl. Throw like a girl, run like a girl, fight like a girl etc.. and they would
    Categories
    Soulful Insights
  4. The Problem With Domesticated Sankes

Both my corn snake and the king snake I used to have would go through periodic phases where they just wouldn't eat, there are a lot of natural things which can sometimes cause a snake not to eat. If a snake is nearing its shed time they won't eat, sometimes during their mating season they won't eat, and in the winter it is natural for snakes to hibernate, so even if they are kept in a temperature regulated environment sometimes in the winter they will not eat as much. But my corn snake seems a ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  5. My Adventures and Misadventures in the Kitchen

First of all to give a little bit of background, it is only fairly recently that I quite by accident and by some surprise discovered an enjoyment of cooking, the reason I say that is because generally speaking I am the least domestic person in the world but various different factors led me into actually starting to get into and enjoy cooking. For one thing I do love food and well it is also a useful skill to be able to provide food for yourself.

This evening for dinner I decided I ...
    Categories
    Random Musings