View RSS Feed

Quotations

1. The World Today

From Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse

Whoever wants to live and enjoy his life today must not be like you and me. Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Updated 03-21-2010 at 09:25 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    Quotations
  2. War againist death

From Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse

The war against death, dear Harry, is always a beautiful, noble, and wonderful, and glorious thing, and so, it follows, is the war against war. But it is always hopeless and quixotic too.
    Categories
    Quotations
  3. My Principle

From The Fall by Camus (I know, you never saw that coming )

No excuses ever, for anyone; that is my principle at the outset. I deny the good intention, the respectable mistake, the indiscretion, the extenuating circumstance. With me there is no giving of absolution or blessing.
    Categories
    Quotations
  4. Can't get enough of Camus

I think that Camus may be my sub-concious mind. Though The Fall is not as enaging as a story as The Stranger was, reading it, is like seeing m own thoughts put into words.

I tell my friends that I have a dead French writer living inside of my head.

From The Fall by Camus

There are always reasons for mudering a man. On the contrary, it is impossible to justify his living. That's way crime always finds lawyers and innocence only rarely.
    Categories
    Quotations
  5. To be happy

From The Fall by Camus

But to be happy it is essential not to be too concerned with others. Consequently, there is no escape. Happy and judged, or absolved and wretched.
    Categories
    Quotations