View RSS Feed

Random Musings

1. Having Friends is Complicated

First of all by my own design and preference I don't have many friends to start with. I am very particular about the people I consider to be friends. And I think with things like Facebook the word friend gets thrown around too lightly, but the majority of the few friends I do have are long distance friendships. They are people that I have encountered over the Internet and connected with, and have formed very close bonds with which have lasted for several years or more. Me being the way I am physical ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  2. The Government Held My Life Hostage

In spite of my best efforts to stay under the radar as much as possible, they finally caught me and I have been stuck on Jury duty this past week. Just got out today. The experience all in all on the one hand there were parts of it that were kind of interesting, but it was also a very soul sucking process. The worse part was the commute back and forth every day. The court was in the city, SF and I took BART there and back, and had to get up at 7 in the morning and did not get back home tell around ...

Updated 12-16-2013 at 08:51 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    Random Musings
  3. Beware of Cat

I think my new kitty (or newish he is now almost a year old) Strega has decided he wants to be a guard cat. He is normally a very sweet, affectionate kitty who lives attention, and is not given towards being aggressive. I was out in the front yard with him and we were playing around for a bit and then I picked him up, which I know always really irritates him when we are in the middle of playing, but I cannot help myself.

I am holding him, and he is squirming around trying to get ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  4. You Know You Are In Love When.....

Both me and my boyfriend share a great love for reading. And we can often both be found reading in the evenings. We love talking about books with each other, and we both get excited about getting new books, but what we read tends to strongly differ from each other.

While we both have eclectic reading tastes and read a wide variety of different things, our personal preferences in what we normally read and are most partial to reading can be dramatically different. At times it seems ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  5. The Trouble With Friends

As some of you may know I tend to be a private person, and so I usually do not publicly talk a great deal about the mores personal aspects of my life. But now and then I will feel the need to vent about something.

First here is a bit or a recap to get everyone up to speed and which will probably make my life sound like some kind of Soap Opera or something. You may recall from previous things I have mentioned here, as well as from some of my writings that I had been involved in a ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast