View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

1. My Horror Reading Fest

September is almost over, and I eagerly await October, because I am already in Halloween mode.

So here is my annual list of October/Halloween reading:

Glimmering by Elizabeth Hand

The Strain by Guillermo Del Toro - I loved his movie Pan's Labyrinth and when I first heard him talking about this book on the Daily Show I was super excited about it, and now of course I am into the TV series.

The Maze Runner by James Dashner - Not scary ...
    Categories
    Books
  2. It is Raining Cats

All morning my cat has been bouncing around all over the place. I don't know if he was chasing after birds, or playing with other cats, or just hyper, but I would hear him thunking back and forth from the roof, to the tree, to the fence.

I was going about my business just getting a few things done that I needed to do, when I happened to walk into the kitchen to grab something to eat and than wandered into the living room while I was eating. Suddenly I hear this noise, like something ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  3. The Moviegoer

Once upon a time ago, I was asked to share my thoughts on The Moviegoer when I got around to reading it. So I figured I would honor that request still though it has been some time ago.

I was left with some very mixed feelings about this book. It did have a sort of Southern Gothic vibe to it (in my admittedly limited experience with that genre) and I tend to find that Southern Gothic is a genre that usually just doesn't really connect very well with me.

But with that ...
    Categories
    Books
  4. Free Books

One of the local libraries around here is having its annual book give away. They started the day I was leaving for vacation, I just got back on Saturday, so today I got to go check it out.

Here is my booky booty

Promise Not To Tell by Jenifer McMachon
    Jumper by Steven Gould
    Babel Tower by A.S. Byatt
    Seeing by Jose Saramago
    Worlds Enough & Time by Dan Simmons
    A Fisherman of the Inland Sea by Ursula K. Guin
    The Art Thief ...
    Categories
    Books
  5. Just A Boy

Just A Boy