View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

1. My ADD Kitty

Ajani (my new little kitty) is starting to settle in now and he is not as shy any more, which means I have kitten pictures now. I do think that he is a bit ADD which is kind of cute. When playing with him, he gets very hyped up and than cannot make up his mind as to what he wants to do, he gets overwhelmed trying to play with five different things at once. I like to use old shoelaces to play with my cats, and so Ajani will chase that for a while and then run off to do something else, and then start ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  2. Just What I Need: More Books

I went to a book giveaway today and got a bunch of new books for free. One the great things about free books is that it does inspire me more to get books of which sound interesting to me, but are still a bit outside of what I normally read, so I might not commit to buying, but if they are free I figure, what the heck no harm in picking it up.

The Orchard Keeper by Cormac McCarthy
    Be My Knife by David Grossman
    Sustenance by Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
    A Visit From ...
    Categories
    Books
  3. Mini Cat Jaws

I recently got a new little kitten (I haven't had a chance to get photos yet, he is still a bit shy). On Saturday there was a special Free Adoption Event, and after my two oldest cats passed away I have been wanting to get another cat, and I wanted to be able to provide a home for a kitty in need. So I met this adorable little kitty, a gray tabby cat who is a bit of a runt (I tend to like the runts, they are usually always kind of outcasts and loners but have great personalities). His name is Ajani ...
    Categories
    Random Musings
  4. My Vacation Reading

I will be heading off on vacation soon leaving the first week in August to go to Lake Tahoe. I belong to several different book groups on Goodreads, and so usually I am always reading this or that book for one of my groups, which I enjoy because it provides a good opportunity both to get motivated to read some books I have had sitting around on my shelf but always put off reading for another time, or daunting books that I want to read but because of their length I always postpone, as well as a way ...
    Categories
    Books
  5. The Things that Offend Me About Valentine's Day

I am not one of those people who is bitter about Valentine's Day because I am sad and alone and don't have anyone to share the day with. I am in fact quite happily spoken for, but even so I have never really been a particular fan of V-Day mostly because the cliche of it all and the convention of it I find to be quite annoying. So this is my list of things which I don't like about V-Day.

1. Flowers: Flowers in general I have no problem with. I think they are pretty to see growing outside, ...