Blog Comments

That would be an interesting combo class to teach. Combative Yoga
    Yoga and knife throwing. In addition to enjoying them, I sense marketing opportunities!
    Thank you!

Yes, I loved his collection of poems.
    I love swords, I took an Aikido class once, we did not do swords in my class but he did a bit of staff training. I still have my staff which is called a jo. I also have a quarter staff of which I fashioned myself. And I have a bamboo training sword which I should really start to work with on a more regular basis. I also own a couple of collector swords. They are not fashioned to be truly battle ready as such I cannot accord. But they still look cool and can still be used as a dangerous weapon if needed.

I do throw darts, I don't know if that counts LOL, though i haven't done that in a while. But other things I might be interested in throwing, possibly throwing axes, and ninja stars could be fun to play with, and I would love to get my hands on a chakram.

I also wouldn't mind learning to throw a javelin/spear, but of course that is a completely different technique and skill than throwing knives.

And I would love someday to have a bow and arrows and practice archery.

Needless to say I am fascinated with historical weapons in general and would love to be versatile in the use of various different types of weaponry.
    Knife throwing would definitely be a great skill to learn. I can imagine that it would be mutually beneficial to many other skills, like concentration, coordination and that sort of thing. A few days before you posted this, I was just thinking about learning swords - in my Aikido class we would work with them occasionally, so that's the style I would be interested in.. I never learned too much about them before. Would you ever graduate to throwing other things?
    I'm always impressed with how much you read. And good stuff too! Did you enjoy Yeats' poetry?

I put up my 2014 reads on my personal blog but not on Lit Net yet.
    Thank you, glad you enjoyed.
    Another good one.
    I'm chuckling at the image of you casually strolling down the street then suddenly launching an assault on a foam cup.
    Haha it is fun when all the little kinks are worked out. Yes once I master the skill maybe I will make a little video of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung
    Congrats on the bunny. I suspect he is quite a bit bigger now, too. How's he doing?
    Haha yes indeed, he actually resemebles a rabbit shape now, instead of just a round ball of fur. He is doing very well. Quite the friendly and currious little guy.

Here are soem more recent pictures

[url]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/016/9/c/2015_01_16_13_51_31_by_silverwynd-d8e70j8.jpg[/url

http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/016/a/c/2015_01_16_13_51_45_by_silverwynd-d8e714t.jpg

http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2015/016/a/e/2015_01_16_13_50_38_by_silverwynd-d8e6z24.jpg
    Congrats on the bunny. I suspect he is quite a bit bigger now, too. How's he doing?
    First of all, the idea of throwing knives does sound like fun. It should be fun! But, like magic, it turns out to be a lot of hard work! It's not fun at all. I therefore admire your persistence in overcoming the numerous small obstacles that will occur anytime you undertake a new endeavor. Eventually a lot of these will smooth themselves out, and you'll need to make a short video showing yourself triumphantly and expertly throwing the knives, k, Dark Muse?
    Updated 01-24-2015 at 11:22 PM by qimissung
    I really liked it. I have always been a bit dubious of Urban Fantasy as many books of that genre are geared toward a younger audience, and while I have been known to read the occasional YA novel, there is a lot of garbage there too. But I love Gaiman. He has such a fantastic imagination. I love the mix of the bizarre and the dark that he infuses into his books.

I will look into those other books. I do like Clive Barker.
    How'd you like Gaiman's Neverwhere?.. I read that one quite awhile back and loved it, it was my introduction to 'urban fantasy' which I still seek out today. If you enjoyed Neverwhere, you might try Abarat; Days of Magic, Nights of War, by Clive Barker.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebiird
    Have you heard of rabbit island in Japan, Ōkunoshima? It's full of wild domestic bunnies and you tube has some fun videos of them swarming people. A glimpse of what would happen if bunnies took over the earth
    No I haven't heard of that before, sounds like it could be pretty amusing though.
    Have you heard of rabbit island in Japan, Ōkunoshima? It's full of wild domestic bunnies and you tube has some fun videos of them swarming people. A glimpse of what would happen if bunnies took over the earth
    Quote Originally Posted by Buh4Bee
    So what you are saying is that this domestic breed gone wild lacks instincts. Since your baby rabbit had no instincts, you could easily grab it. Is this what civilization means by peace on earth?

Not exactly, but most people would agree that taking in a feral cat and keeping it as a pet is not the same thing as catching a bobcat and trying to keep it at a pet.

Or that taking in a stray dog is not the same as taking in a wolf.

While feral/stray rabbits may not be as common as stray cats and dogs, and wild rabbits not as potentially dangerous as bobcats and wolves making a pet of a feral domestic rabbit breed is quite different than going out and trying to catch a jack rabbit and turning into a pet.

Unless you think people should free all their pet cats and dogs or that people should not give homes to stray dogs and cats, it is really no different with keeping a pet rabbit or taking in feral domestic rabbit breeds..

While domestic breeds still have instincts in the same way that pet dogs and house cats still have instincts, the instincts are not as sharply honed as wild animals, and they are more trusting and less aware of possible threats and dangers. Animals that a wild breed would normally view as a possible predator, such as cats and dogs, domestic breeds have lost their natural fear of because they are used to being around such animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Muse
    Haha thank you. I am very excited about my new baby. Today I made a pet store run to get some fun new stuff for the little guy.

I uesed to have little Siberian Hamsters, they were adorable but some them could be quite tempormental.

Ah, yes, Robos are not friendly toward other species. I put in a mouse with him - name of Bunny, by the way :-) but he wasn't okay with it

And, though I'm calling Bunny a he, I never actually found out whether she or he was a boy or girl.
    So what you are saying is that this domestic breed gone wild lacks instincts. Since your baby rabbit had no instincts, you could easily grab it. Is this what civilization means by peace on earth?
    Hah yes, though these rabbits come from a domestic breed so they are not true wild rabbits, so it is just like taking in a stray dog, or stray cat and keeping it as a pet. And a suburban neighborhood isn't the best enrolment for a population of rabbits to live in.