View RSS Feed

Halls of the Dark Muse

1. Bing Me

I have become obsessed with Bing.com. I first saw it advertised in a commercial on TV and at the time I did not know exactly what it was as the commercials were a bit unclear. It was obviously a web site of some kind, and seemed to be some sort of search engine, yet based on the ad's it also seemed to be something more than just a search engine, so one day when I was bored I decided to check it out to see just what the deal was.

As it turns out it is a search engine that is designed
    Categories
    Random Musings
  2. Double-Sided Hapi

Hapi is an Egyptian god of the Nile characterized as having the parts of both a man and a woman and ruling over a harem which consists of gods and goddeses. This poem is meant to capture the duel aspect of Hapi, as well as the duel nature of the river known for its extremes between flooding and ebbing.

Double-Sided Hapi

Woman's fertile waters
    preserves life in sweet nourishment
    as she impregnates rivers flow
    before it recedes into desert sands

Updated 08-25-2009 at 06:13 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    My Poetry
  3. Medusa in Contemporary

This is a modern interpitation of Medusa, while the backdrop is meant to link her to her traditional roots.

Categories
    My Art
  4. Midnight Muse

I drew this while I was on vacation, as I was getting ready for bed one night, I looked over and a beautiful white moth had landed upon the lamp beside my bed. I have always been fascinated with moth's and found it a rather moving sight.

I had decided to transform the lamp into a candle stick holder for the sketch, for I found such more pleasing to my eye.

Categories
    My Art
  5. Natural Artistry

Ok, so I decided to post some of my more conceptual photographs....

Categories
    My Art