Blog Comments

I will let you know when I do get about to reading them
    I've read Invisible Man (a rather difficult read in parts) and The Good Earth (a great and enjoyable read). Let me know what you think of those books when you're done. I think both are true American classics.
    Oh good--nothing I've read (so I can;t be evil about it) though almost did The Good Earth--what Pearl S. Buck I have read was from The Saint Mystery Magazine back in the 60s and I remember liking it. It's packed in a box in my library for now until I get another bookcase someyear.
    Thank you
    Cool! I hope you succeed. I feel you will, because if you write from the heart, then in my view, you have succeeded; and I think the things you write are good. But I hope you feel that you have attained you goal, in whatever manner is important to you.
    Ever since highschool I started the habbit of reading mutlipe books at once it freaks other people out how many books I read at a time.

I am acutally an Undergrad and right now I am done for the summer becasue I never take summer classess.

Well not surpersnisly I am studying English. I want be a profressional writer.
    You are a most impressive reader! Where do you find the time? Aren't you a graduate student, Dark Muse? If you don't mind my asking, what are you studying? (Not that you must be studying to be a voracious reader!)
    hehe nervous?
    For the first time ever this poem made me nervous.
    Hehe yes I know that feeling, you never think of what you want to say, at the time.
    "Let this black flower bloom as it may!" that is a nice little phrase there. I like that. I hope the opportunity to say it comes up. Of course, I probably won't remember it at the time and will think of it later. but thanks for sharing.
    Pretty soon that is what it will come to, hahaha I use to call my fortress book jenga, becasue I keep seeing how high I can stack it before it all topples over
    I've found building a little book castle and putting an armchair or a cushion in the middle is a great solution. You can pull a book out of the castle (carefully, like Jenga...) and sit in the middle and read it.
    I will keep the tip in mind
    If you happen to have a comic book store in your area you will find that the cardboard (very very durable) boxes used to hold comics are excellent for storing regular sized paperbacks. I think I pay about $6 a box but I do get them discounted. Hope this helps.
    I really liked this peom. Sometimes it sounds to me like a song and then it turns to a rap
    Very good
    Oh it's Ursula who says that. Hmm. I do think there is some truth in it too. But I think it works both ways.
    Yes I am reading Women in Love and the quote is Ursula speaking.

Acutally I have to say I do not find this quote to be offensive in spite of what his intent might have been, I can relate to it. I think one of the reasons why I do not see his works as being anti-woman (even if that is what he was acutally after) is becasue of my own dysfuntional tendencines in relationships. I am highly obcessive/posseseive, and while I do not forefit my will in many ways that quote is so me.

When I am in a relationship I have to pocesses them absolutely but once I have that, then I can be pocessed.
    Hate or not, one has to concede that there is some truth to that...
    Are you reading Women In Love Muse? I don't recall that quote. Is that Birkin speaking or the narrator or one of the other charcters? That is a great quote and soooo Lawrentian. Now you know why the feminists hate Lawrence.