View RSS Feed

The Bad, The Ugly, The Uglier

1. Wonders Never Cease

People rarely fail to amaze me, but often in less than flattering ways. I have alluded to on this forum a couple different times, one of my other blogs in which I write about topics relating to vampires, mythology, things of lore and of gothic nature and so forth, so I had an essay I wrote on my blog in which I give my own personal interpretation of the Medusa myth, and I state that it is My Personal interpretation. I was not trying to rewrite history, nor was I claiming my views were one in the ...
  2. Cyber Mouse Traps

I hate forums that refuse to allow you to delete your account, and will not remove your account for you at your request.

While I have no intentions of leaving litnet in the near or distant future...

There is is this other forum, that use to be a poetry forum board when I first signed on with it way back when I was still in high school but at some point in time the owner of the forum decided to completely rehaul and basically lost his personal interest in the poetry
  3. If honesty makes me a Scrooge than so be it!

This time of year I always end up getting in an argument, or I should say more if a disagreement it isn't really a serious argument, with my mom over the fact that every year she always feels the need to send some kind of gift to my sisters mother-in-law.

It is never any sort of big deal, usually it is just like a plate of cookies or some sort of little nick nack sort of thing, or a gift she got from someone else that she didn't want. It is just a token gift because she feels like

Updated 12-23-2009 at 07:03 PM by Dark Muse

Categories
    The Bad, The Ugly, The Uglier
  4. Lost in Translation

My ipod is currently is all in Chinese now. For all the good that does me.

What happened is that when I turn my ipod on after I have charged it, I get the language menu screen and English is the first option at the top, so when I went to click on it, I guess my finger brushed on the scroll thing at the same time and wahhhla. I selected Chinese for my ipod.

And after you have sleeted the language there is no way to go back to that screen. Somewhere on my ipod there
  5. The Saga Continues

I told you all about the story, of how I happened to give a bit of criticism to a fellow poet, in which I told him that I felt that certain parts of his poem came across as sexist and he through a conniption fit and the poem in question was a poem about the issue of domestic violence, and the issue I had with it, is that for one I felt it grouped all women in the category of being victims and weak and helpless (which you can imagine did not go over well with me) and two it seemed to suggest that ...