View RSS Feed

Film

1. Good Things Happen Around Halloween

Some of you may recall I while back I did a post talking about the Atlas Shrugged movie when it had recently come out in theaters, and because of the stigma against Ayn Rand the movie was taking a lot of negative heat and being boycotted, or just slammed in reviews. And being that the books are divided into three parts, the movie was also going to be made in three parts, but after the first movie had so much outcry against it, the director was considering not going on to make the 2nd movie. ...
    Categories
    Film
  2. The Cabin in the Woods

As we all know I am a horror freak, so I have been super excited about the move The Cabin in the Woods, because it looked awesome.

I just saw it today, and I must say it was not at all what I excepted, and I do have to give credit to whoever created the trailer for doing a fabulous job of misleading and not giving it all away. While the movie was not truly scary, I thought it was wonderfully innovative, and did provide a very interesting and original take upon horror films. In a
    Categories
    Film
  3. Down with The Grey

I have some very strong mixed feelings about this movie. While on the one hand it was a well made, good movie, and while watching it I had enjoyed elements of it. Generally speaking I enjoy survival type movies. I loved the movie Alice (which was referenced in "The Grey" which I thought was funny since part of the reason I wanted to see the movie was because I hoped it would be a bit like alive).

But one of the things which I struggled with throughout watching the movie
    Categories
    Film
  4. Does Anyone Know This Moive?

I recently started reading the book "The Secret History by Donna Tartt and the more I read the book the more it really reminds me of this movie I saw maybe 3 or 4 years or so back. At first I thought the movie may have been made after the book but I cannot find anything which indicates this book had ever been made into a movie, they are just very smiler, but now it is driving me crazy that I cannot think of the name of the movie.

My memory of the details of the movie are vague,
    Categories
    Film
  5. Camelot and Sucker Punch

I recently started watching the new series Camelot, just finished Disc one of the first season today. As many may know from prior posts I am a huge fan of Arthurian Legend, and I have to say I find the show to be completely captivating. I cannot quite put my finger on what it is about it, but it is just so well put together, and action packed, it seems every episode ends on a climax, you cannot wait to see what happens next. If it had the entire season (I am watching them via Netflex so have to ...
    Categories
    Film
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast