View RSS Feed

Quotations

1. Out With The New And In With Old

I am currently reading Wilderness Tips which is a short story collection by Margaret Atwood, and in one of the stories there was this quote:

"An interest in clothes of the present is frivolity, an interest in clothes of the past is archaeology"

I was struck by how ironically true these words are, and it is funny to think of that way.

I have little to no interest in fashion. I don't follow or care about what is trendy, hip, cool, modern, in ...
    Categories
    Quotations
  2. Love

The thing about love is that we come alive in bodies not our own.

From Let the Great World Spin by Calum McCann
    Categories
    Quotations
  3. The Power of Love

From For Whom the Bell Tolls by Ernest Hemingway

She said nothing is done to oneself that one does not accept and that if I loved someone it would take it all away.

Coincidently enough shortly before this book was chosen as a litnet group read my boyfriend and I ended up in a discussion about it. We were talking about books and authors in general and Hemingway came up, and I in general love Hemingway and he told me he enjoyed this book and it is one I have
    Categories
    Quotations
  4. Mackerel and Herrings

From Lady Chatterley's Lover by D. H. Lawrence

The world is supposed to be full of possibilities, but they narrow down to pretty few in most personal experiences. There's lots of good fish in the sea...maybe...but the vast masses seem to be mackerel or herring, and if you're not a mackerel or herring yourself, you are likely to find very few good fish in the sea.
    Categories
    Quotations
  5. Happy Endings

I love this becasue it sounded so much like me.

From The Importance of Being Earnest by Oscar Wilde

I hope it did not end happily? I don't like novels that end happily. They depress me so much
    Categories
    Quotations
Page 1 of 17 12345611 ... LastLast