View RSS Feed

Spirituality

1. My Pagan Babies

Ok they are not really mine, and they are not really babies, but they are my nieces, who are 7 and 4 years old.

My sister is an Agnostic who is drawn to many aspects of Paganism, and so she tries to raise her children to be open to the fact that there are many different spiritual beliefs, and it is not a question of who is right and who is wrong, but simply a matter of what individual choose to believe in.

This time of year she teaches them about the original Pagan
    Categories
    Spirituality
  2. The Six Wishes of Artemis

This story was alluded to in the series of Camelot and I have always been partial to Artemis, I consider myself to be a daughter of Artemis as she is very reflective of certain aspects of myself. She was like one of the first tom boys.

On her 3rd Birthday Zeus asked her what she wanted and she told him she wanted six wishes, when he asked her what those wishes were, this was her reply:

1. To be allowed to live without having to be distracted by love and marriage.
    Categories
    Spirituality
  3. My Halloween Extravaganza

Yes I know today is actually Halloween but I had my official Halloween plans in the week leading up to Halloween. I just got back today from LA visiting with my sister. Now genreally I cannot stand LA. I usually dislike and though I enjoy visiting with my sister by the end of it I cannot wait to get back home just becasue I want to be back in North Cal again but one thing I have to say is that LA knows how to do Halloween.

I do not know if you recall my post about last years Halloween
    Categories
    Spirituality
  4. It is the End of the World and I Feel Fine

It is all over the news the world is officially going to end as of this Saturday! The Rapture is alas upon us.....whoopee!!!!!

So I was watching these people on the news talking about the coming of armageddon and there are some of them who sincerely generally absolutely beleive that this event is going to occur that the end of the world of truly going to happen. No doubt, no skepticism, but absolutely certainly.

Now of course the question is.......what happens when
    Categories
    Spirituality
  5. Earth Prayer

I recently watched the movie Men Who Stare At Goats, quite funny, and there was this earth prayer that was recited within the movie which struck me, and I have always wanted to play around with visual poetry, so I used the words from the prayer with one of my photos

If you find the words hard to read, here is what they say:

Mother Earth… my life support ...
    Categories
    Spirituality
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast